Although already talked a little about what foods we can eat a soft diet , where a general list shows the types of foods allowed and forbidden; there is nothing better to explain something to someone, to use an example, something practical.
And this is what I’m doing here, a brief example of the daily menu with choices of foods to eat, according to the time of day, and specifically, after a tooth extraction. It can also be used as a general guide, for after dental surgery performed.
What I can eat just leave the dentist?
– 1 or 1/2 cup oatmeal, prepared with milk.
– A cup of cereal, which is easily ensuavizan in milk, such asRice Krispies ® , or Corn Flakes ®.
– A cup (cup) of any additional nutritional drink (there are many options on the market, one is the Ensure ® ). If you feel better, you can try to eat:
– A portion (not integrated) light white bread with jam, or a muffin (a cupcake) . – A soft cup chopped fruit. It can be melon, banana (plantain), watermelon, papaya, mango, apple, peach, nectarine. What I can eat for lunch?
– One serving of mashed potatoes (potato), or any other vegetables like carrots. If you feel better, you can try eating:
– A serving of macaroni and cheese.
– One serving of meatloaf (meatloaf)
– A serving of scrambled eggs (“chopped egg”)
What I can eat for dinner?
– One serving of mashed potatoes
– . A portion of pasta
– . A portion of soft cheese such as cottage cheese or ricotta
– . A serving of tofu
What I can eat between meals?
Among the foods that you can “nibble” between meals are:
– Ice cream.
– A soft fruit such as a banana or an apple, a pear, or peach skinless
– . Frozen Yogurt What can I take?
– Normal water or flavored (no ice)
– When brushing your teeth, be careful not to hurt the area of extraction. When using mouthwash (preferably without alcohol), do not gargle (swish), instead, move the head so that the liquid covers the entire inside of your mouth.
– Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol.
– If the dentist prescribes you antibiotics, should take the full treatment, and respecting the dosages and times taken. You must take all treatment ends.
– supplementary nutritional beverages are included; because after a difficult extraction, many people of all can not eat anything, and need the required daily nutrients, which happily, these drinks can provide.
– If after 4-5 days, after completion of the extraction, you start to notice the presence of a sharp pain in the area of extraction, accompanied by inflammation and bad breath, you should consult a dentist; it is possible that you are submitting a dental alveolitis.
Respect the soft diet, follow you closer to a full recovery .