How to make korean glazed chicken wings (tak nalgae t'wigim)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 13 x 9 inch pan with vegetable oil spray.
- Cut each chicken wing at joints to make 3 pieces and discard tip. Cut off excess skin and discard. (*)
- Put flour into a large plastic bag. Add chicken pieces, twist bag closed, and shake until chicken is completely coated with flour.
- Place flour-coated chicken pieces in pan in a single layer. Bake uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Combine soy sauce, lemon juice, oyster sauce, sugar, garlic, and ginger root in small pan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Remove from heat.
- Pour soy sauce mixture evenly over wings. Bake uncovered 10 to 12 minutes longer, or until juice of chicken is no longer pink when the centers of the thickest parts are cut.
(*) If you purchase chicken pieces called drumettes, you won't have to take time to cut up the wings.
Preparation time: 20 to 25 minutes
Cooking time: 25 to 27 minutes
Makes 24 pieces