Recipe for chinese egg-flower soup in our easy ethnic recipes collection. This soup is easy to make and is a long-time favorite in China as well as in other countries.
- 1/2 cup chicken breast, cut into small pieces (*)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced water chestnuts
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallions
(*) Try preparing this soup without the chicken and with 1/2 cup of sliced mushrooms to make a tasty meatless dish.
How to make chinese egg-flower soup
- In a small bowl, mix chicken pieces and cornstarch.
- In a deep saucepan, combine water, chicken or vegetable broth, and water chestnuts. Bring to a boil.
- Add chicken and cornstarch mixture and return to a boil for about 10 minutes.
- Beat egg and stir slowly into soup.
- Dish into a large bowl and sprinkle scallions on top.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes