Not simply brushing your teeth 3 times a day and use a dental floss as dentists recommend it.It is also good that you take a hand to the wellness of your teeth with the power.
Nutrition is important for each one of the cells of the body and of course the teeth and gums also come into play. The mouth in particular is one of those parts that need you choose well what comes because there they can pass some that can give bacteria that cause plaque.
Midway Dental Center says that when you take or chew sugars or flours, not only you feed you but that at the same time the plate is fed, which can wreak havoc on your mouth.When these foods come in contact with the plate, the acids that are formed can attack your teeth for 20 minutes or more, after you finish eating.
In addition there are to avoid foods that combine sweet elements, acids, and ‘peajosos’, according to recommended Miriam R. Robbins of the Department of dentistry at the University of New York.
- Tip: to remove that kind of food, Robbins warns that brushing shortly after having consumed may end up causing more damage to your tooth enamel is weaker for having contact with this ‘harmful’ meal. She recommends waiting at least 20 to 40 minutes before removing the toothbrush.
These then are, on the other hand, foods that help your teeth does not suffer as much havoc and by the way is a good diet. Try to consume more than these that those high in sugar and flour.
- Cheese and Yogurt: The cheese on one side is low in sugar and acids and high in calcium, making it a very good choice. In addition it contains casein, a milk protein, rich in phosphorus, which helps to fortify the teeth surface. And Yogurt, also containing casein and calcium, helps restore minerals to the teeth.
- Water of the key (or pen): According to the National Institute of dental and Craniofacial issues research, 67% of the population of the United States that receive water from the public service in their homes, take this liquid with optimal levels of fluoride to help prevent tooth decay.
- Celery and Pears: Most foods raw, such as fresh fruits and vegetables, are good for your teeth because its natural fibers make you have to chew more, making you produce abundant saliva (contains bicarbonate which makes the acid is neutralized). The celery on the one hand, according to Robbins, is particularly good since it has fibrous strands that help clean teeth naturally. And the pears stand out among other fruits because a 2004 study found that this had a major effect to neutralize the acid than others, including Apple, banana, Tangerine and pineapple.
- Sesame seed oil: sesame seeds are good to reduce plaque and help to restore minerals to the enamel of the teeth. So you could not only eat it, but also gargle with this oil.
- Chewing gum without sugar: although many good things about the artificial sweeteners, in oral health matters are heard if you can find something good of these and has its own name. He is xylitol, a substitute for sugar that can be found in chewing gum and sugar-free mints. This helps to prevent because it makes exactly otherwise making sugar, which is feeding the bacteria causing decay and damage in the gum. In addition, “chewing gum removed macanicamente plaque and bacteria from your teeth,” added Robbins.
That Yes, not only by eating well help your teeth, wash them as your dentist recommends it you also is vital to your oral health. Batteries! A disease in your mouth could lead to other diseases, even has come to be considered a risk factor for cardiovascular problems.