The film remains an effective way to increase awareness and interest in specific topics. In this article we collect some shorts and documentaries about the food system found on the network. This article is based on a work of the MovieTube and the investigation of Foundation soil. We offer a list of hdmovie in which the protagonists are food, intended vision so we adopt a more healthy and sustainable diet. This collection serves to also delve into the importance of the rights over the land of small farmers, from those located in sub-Saharan Africa, passing by the insidious dominance of fast-food in an urban community in California. Each title offers an opportunity to be informed and inspired at the same time a new style of healthy food for us and the planet.
1. A farmer in Africa: property rights: in the developing around the world, farmers are losing their land and natural resources, causing negative effects in the media of local life and well-being, and the local environment and ecosystem services. Short of the World Resources Institute. 01:56 min
2. A place at table (a place at the table): documentary about hunger, especially in the United States, with the presence of Jeff Bridges, describing the challenges for the food system. 02:26 min.
3. Fast Food: mounting with infographics on different data on food. 02:15 min.
4. Food chains (food chains): film by filmmaker Sanjay Rawal on violations of human rights of agricultural workers who harvest 125 million kg of fresh fruit and vegetables (280 million dollars) every day in the United States.
5. le soif du monde (the thirst of the world): 90-minute documentary by photographer Yann Arthus-Bertrand, author also of the Homedocumentary, focused on the problems of water.
6. food speculation: in 2007 and 2008, food prices have increased considerably, giving rise to unrest in countries in development. Economy world, ecology and development (WEED) describes how the speculation of financial futures on food values causes dangerous fluctuations. 07:17 min.
7.- Forks Over Knives: this film shows how degenerative diseases, which are a scourge in the United States, are due to the consumption of processed foods and animal products.
8. Fresh, the movie: a documentary that highlights farmers who are innovating and reinventing food systems to avoid pollution, obesity, and the depletion of natural resources. 72 minutes.
9. the hidden Burger costs: short film of the investigative Center where details the costs of meat with surprising data. 07:52 min.
10. How to feed the world? (How to feed the world?): short film created for the Bon appétitexhibition in city of the Sciences of Paris in 2010. It offers viewers a global perspective on the production and distribution of food along with guidance on how to eat in a more sustainable way.09:04 min.
11. The Harvest (harvest): documentary that follows the lives of three immigrant farm workers, all of them under the age of 18 years. 07:27 min.
12. King Corn: it is a documentary about two friends who grow an acre of corn, and they realize how their harvest drives fast food. With the help of neighbors, poisonous herbicides and genetically modified seeds get a harvest record, most subsidized in an acre of Iowa soil. And when they try to follow the trail of their harvest of corn in the food system they assail them questions about what we eat and the way in which we cultivate.
13. Nokia, HK Honey: hidden in the cityscape of Hong Kong, there is a community of beekeepers who are providing residents access to the honey in the area and help urban dwellers are closer to their food. 03:21min.
14. Our daily bread: 90-minute documentary that provides a shocking look at how food is produced and how food production companies use technology to maximize efficiency and profit.
15. The Garden (the garden): documentary that tells the story of a South Central Los Angeles community to defend a piece of land to cultivate in middle of the city.
16. The Meatrix: this small film addresses four basic issues: cruelty to animals of the present system of meat production, the inherent danger of creating resistant germs by excess supply of antibiotics, the massive contamination of the environment by manure and agriculture-based fertilizer to feed the animals and the destruction of rural communities.
17. the price of sugar: commovedora film that examines the working conditions and the treatment of Haitian sugar cane farmers in the Dominican Republic. A complaint about basic human rights involved in the cultivation of sugar. 90 min
18. Scarecrow: short animation in which the protagonist is a scarecrow who comes to free their local food processed and non-sustainable food system. It promotes an app (The ScareCrow) in favour of sustainable food. 03:23 min.
19. Taste the waste: 90 minute documentary filmmaker Valentin Thurn about food that we throw away the trash. In European households every year food are thrown away amounting to 100 billion euros, an amount that is equivalent to the annual turnover of Nestlé, the world’s largest food company.
20. Waste (garbage): a brief synopsis about the issues of foods that end up in the trash with very basic information, but precisely for this reason interesting. It is a short film produced by Schnittstelle THURN GbR from commissioned by WWF Germany and UNEP in collaboration with FAO and the SIWI.
21. Bottled life: documentary about the problem of bottled water. Comment and basic data of “Bottled life ““.
22. Our poison everyday: almost 2 hour documentary based on the book’s complaint about the genetic manipulation of food of Marie-Monique Robin.
23. We feed the world: 96-minute documentary on the food and globalisation, fishermen and farmers, truckers and corporate executives, on the movement of products and money, about scarcity surrounded by abundance. With its unforgettable images, the film informs us about our food production and tells us we have something to do with the hunger in the world. Comment and basic data of we feed the world.
24. Super size me: filmmaker Morgan Spurlock follows its evolution for thirty days – under medical control – eating only the American menu McDonald’s star to report how it affected the health of people in a documental-testimonio of 90 min. Comment and basic data of Super Size Me.
25. Fast Food Nation: 115 min. film that tells the investigations about how it is possible to find droppings in hamburger meat. The story based on the book by Eric Schlosser “Fast Food. The dark side of junk food“is also a statement against the harsh working conditions of Mexican workers.Comment and basic data of Fast Food Nation.